The World DanceSport Federation will host it’s first Breaking Judges Congress online.
This is to obtain the WDSF Adjudicators license to use the Three Folds system and later the Trivium system.
In order for judges to be eligible to judge local or international WDSF qualifiers, they will be required in future to have this license.
The DSSA Task Team would like to take this opportunity to extend an invitation to all who believe they meet the criteria to participate in the Breaking Judges Congress.
If you want to become a licensed adjudicator for the WDSF Breaking for Gold National and International events then you do not want to miss this training on the new WDSF Dancesport Three folds judging system.
The congress will include topics on education and training of the three folds judging system. The lecturers will be STORM (GER) & RENEGADE (UK).
Only candidates which have gone through the online WDSF’s Judge’s application system are permitted to register to this congress.
WDSF BREAKING JUDGES (THREE FOLDS SYSTEM)
The Three-Fold Judging System (three judging criteria) is to be used for WDSF competitions excluding WDSF Championships and Games, and recommended for use at National -level competitions. In competitions, the Trivium Judging System (six judging criteria) is to be used for all WDSF Championships and Games.
All applications will be forwarded to the WDSF, who will select those who meet the criteria to attend the Judging Congress.
1. CV Incl & not limited to:
- Cover letter
- Personal particulars
- History & detailed information of Local community involvement
- History & detailed information of scene involvement
- History & detailed information of work & activity
- History & detailed information of international involvement
- Detailed information of involvement of your students in competitions
- History & detailed information of judges experience
2. The applicant must be over 21 years of age.
3. The applicant must have retired from elite level competitions (e.g. BC One, Undisputed Series, BBIC, BIS, Breakfree, HipOpsession, WDSF Breaking Competitions, etc.).
4. The applicant is physically fit (includes vision and hearing) to perform the duties of a WDSF Judge.
5. The applicant must have the Citizenship or Permanent Resident Permit of the country of the National Member Body he/she represents.
6. The applicant must have a valid South African passport document.
Once accepted, the applicant will receive an email notification to provide additional information for verification purposes, including contact details and a copy of the passport.
Once verified, the applicant will be asked to complete an online questionnaire (competition experience, judging experience, general education, etc.).
Once approved by the WDSF Academy, the applicant can then sign up for a congress, the final examination and pay the Congress fee CHF100 = Approx R1600 payable to the WDSF bank account.
Applicants that have passed the examination will then be sent a link to pay the annual judges license fee of CHF 100 = Approx R1600 which activates the judge’s license.
If you are interested, please forward your application with all supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submissions of applications is 30 July 2021.
If your application is accepted, you will be invited to join the WDSF Breaking Judges Congress which takes place on 3rd & 4th of August 2021.
Please note that those unable to attend the upcoming Judging Congress, this application will be valid for opportunities to attend the future Judging Congress events.
DSSA Breaking Task Team