Thank you all for the overwhelming positive response to our announcement of the first WDSF Breaking Judges Congress. We experienced a large amount of positive feedback and your support is greatly appreciated by everyone involved in the WDSF Breaking Division and WDSF Academy.
Due to feedback that there is still a large number of B-Girls and B-Boys interested in taking part in the Congress, the WDSF Breaking Division is pleased to announce the second WDSF Breaking Judges Congress on the Three Fold Judging System this month.
The second WDSF BREAKING JUDGES CONGRESS (online format) will be held on
August 27th and 29th, 2021, from 10 am to 1 pm (CET)
The DSSA Task Team would like to take this opportunity to extend an invitation to all who believe they meet the criteria to participate in the second Breaking Judges Congress.
The congress will include topics on education and training of the THREE FOLD JUDGING SYSTEM.
The lecturers will be STORM (GER) and RENEGADE (ENG).
In order for judges to be eligible to judge local or international WDSF qualifiers, they will be required in future to have this license. Only candidates which have gone through the online WDSF’s Judge’s application system are permitted to register to this congress.
WDSF BREAKING JUDGES (THREE FOLDS SYSTEM)
The Three-Fold Judging System (three judging criteria) is to be used for WDSF competitions excluding WDSF Championships and Games, and recommended for use at National-level competitions. In comparison, the Trivium Judging System (six judging criteria) is to be used for all WDSF Championships and Games.
For future WDSF Breaking events, only licensed Breaking Judges will be nominated by WDSF.
Only WDSF Breaking judges with Three Fold Judging System qualification will be eligible to attend congresses to obtain the Trivium Judging System license, which is required to judge the Games.
Step by Step Guide To Sign Up
1. CV Incl & not limited to:
- Cover letter
- Personal particulars
- History & detailed information of Local community involvement
- History & detailed information of scene involvement
- History & detailed information of work & activity
- History & detailed information of international involvement
- Detailed information of involvement of your students in competitions
- History & detailed information of judges experience
2. The applicant must be over 21 years of age.
3. The applicant must have retired from elite level competitions (e.g. BC One, Undisputed Series, BBIC, BIS, Breakfree, HipOpsession, WDSF Breaking Competitions, etc.).
4. The applicant is physically fit (includes vision and hearing) to perform the duties of a WDSF Judge.
5. The applicant must have the Citizenship or Permanent Resident Permit of the country of the National Member Body he/she represents.
6. The applicant must have a valid South African passport document.
Once accepted, the applicant will receive an email notification to provide additional information for verification purposes, including contact details and a copy of the passport.
Once verified, the applicant will be asked to complete an online questionnaire (competition experience, judging experience, general education, etc.).
Once approved by the WDSF Academy, the applicant can then sign up for a congress, the final examination and pay the Congress fee CHF100 = Approx R1600 payable to the WDSF bank account.
Applicants that have passed the examination will then be sent a link to pay the annual judges license fee of CHF 100 = Approx R1600 which activates the judge’s license.
If you are interested, please forward your application with all supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for South Africa’s entries to the Congress will be August 24th, 6:00 PM.