DSSA NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP 2021
CLOSING DATE – 27th SEPTEMBER 2021
Adjudicators for SAs 2021
David Jones – Chairman of Adjudicators
Further Officials to be announced
1. Competition sections
The following are the competition sections that will be danced during the 2021 National Championships
• Rising Star (Novice and Pre-Championship sections): Junior 2, Youth, Adult, Senior 1, 2 and 3
• Championship sections: Junior 2, Youth, under 21, Adult, Senior 1, 2 and 3, Professional
• Pro-Am: American (Gold Final and Open Gold) and International (Rising Star and Championship)
2. Qualification criteria
The competition is open to all dancers irrespective of affiliation.
Please note that the competition will run over three days from 8 to 10 October 2021. Rising Star and Championship sections will dance on 8 October, and the finals on 9 October. ProAm will dance on 10 October (this is subject to change depending on the entries received). In the interest of time and convenience for all the participants, no delays will be accommodated as this might lead to competitions finishing too late into curfew hours. In order to ensure that every section runs on time, no new entries will be allowed on the date of the competition.
The registration desk will also be opened a day before the competition to eliminate unnecessary delays.
Competitors will be expected to wear masks at all times inside the competition venue. Ten minutes will be allowed between dances to ensure that dancers get a break to breath between dances. This will result in sections rotating per dance instead of dancing the entire round before leaving the floor. For example, Section A dances the samba, section B dances their samba as well then section C and D. Section A comes back for the next dance and a similar pattern is followed for the rest of the sections.
There will be a designated area outside for dancers to hold and get some air during the break. Dancers are to follow strict marshalling instructions to ensure that they do not miss their sections.
Entry fee is R600 per couple for Competitive Couples and R500 per dancer for Pro-Am dancers.
Payable into DSSA bank account
Only parents accompanying minors will be allowed to enter the competition venue. Lockdown level dependant. A full Covid protocol plan will be sent out closer to the
• 7 October from 16h00 to 20h00 for Rising Star dancers
• 8 October from 07h00 to 8h00 for Rising Star competitors
• 8 October from 15h00 to 17h00 for Championship dancers
• 9 October from 7h00 to 8h00 for Championship dancers
• 9 October from 15h00 to 17h00 for Pro-Am dancers
• 10 October from 7h00 to 8h00 for Pro-Am dancers
Only studio/club heads/coaches will be allowed at the registration desk
By entering to compete in this event, the competitor/athlete/dancer agrees to abide by DanceSport South Africa National rules and terms and conditions applicable, outlined in this document and contained in the rule book and the constitution.
The stage area is reserved for Event Officials and Guests only. Right of admission to the competition is strictly reserved. No alcoholic beverages are allowed in the competition venue.
• 8 October 2021 Rounds for both Rising Star and Championship levels
• 9 October 2021 Rounds continued into finals
RULES AND REGULATIONS
REGISTRATION & ENTRIES
All DanceSport SA athletes must be paid up, registered membersfor 2021.
• Please ensure that you bring your original proof of payment to registration as it will be required to register.
• Late entries and entries received without proof of payment will NOT BE ACCEPTED.
• Entries may only be submitted on the official competition entry form.
• Sections will be combined or cancelled if insufficient entries are received, in accordance with the rules.
• Competitors must note starting times, sections will not be re-danced due to late arrivals.
• Athletes have to report to the marshalling area at least 15 minutes before their sections are to be danced.
• Temporary cloth numbers will be available at the competition at a Refundable deposit of R20 for ALL athletes. Dancers using unauthorized numbers will be disqualified.
• Only table seats are available inside the competition venue. Only people who have paid the relevant reservation fee are allowed to occupy seats and/specific areas – this will be checked on a regular basis. So, please hold on to your ticket/tag. Information on the prices will be made available in due course
SYLLABUS AND DRESS CODE
NATIONAL SYLLABUS & DRESS CODE WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
All members are urged to seek information from their PAB if necessary. These are available from the DanceSport South Africa website.
• Athletes who do not adhere to the Dress Code will not be allowed to take the floor.
• Junior 2 Rising Star girls should be dressed in a leotard and skirt. No make- up or jewellery is allowed.
No Smoking Policy
Smoking is strictly forbidden in all areas of the venue!
• The venue operators will impose a fine on anyone caughtsmoking in the venue.
Behaviour of Athletes and Spectators
• Club heads must ensure the well behaviour of their athletes and spectators.
VIDEO, CAMERA, CELL PHONES, I PADS, TABLETS, ETC
• Obtain a R50.00 permit at the door – persons found videoing without a permit will be fined.
BANK: FIRST NATIONAL BANK
BANK NAME: DANCESPORT SOUTH AFRICA
ACCOUNT TYPE: CHEQUE ACC
ACCOUNT NO.: 5022 0116 864
BRANCH: ADDERLEY STREET
BRANCH CODE: 201409
REFERENCE FOR ENTRY: STUDIO/SCHOOL’S NAME/COUPLES NAME
PLEASE BRING THE PROOF OF PAYMENT ON THE DATE OF THE COMPETITION
ENTRY INTO THE COMPETITION IS AT OWN RISK AND DANCESPORT SOUTH AFRICA (DSSA) OR ANY 3RD PARTIES SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR SUFFERING RESULTING FROM ENTRY INTO THE VENUE AS WELL AS PARTICIPATING IN THE EVENT.
DSSA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO POSTPONE OR CANCEL THE COMPETITION AT ITS OWN DISCRETION WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION WITH MEMBERSHIP. SHOULD A COMPETITION BE POSTPONED DSSA SHALL CREDIT COMPETITORS WHO PAID PRIOR TO THE DATE OF NOTICE OF CANCELLATION FOR THEIR NEXT COMPETITION. DSSA TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR TRANSPORT AND ACCOMMODATION ARRANGEMENTS COSTS INCURRED AS A RESULT OF PREPARATIONS FOR THE EVENT.
STEPS TO REGISTER